Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hello, I'm 31.

Well, "The Marvelous Wonderettes" closed August 31st. I ended up performing twice in one week -- once for the role of Cindy Lou, and the other for my most rehearsed Betty Jean. I am so thankful that I did this show, and mostly for personal reasons. I got to spend the majority of my summer with my best friend, Joy. I took up swimming and now have unreasonable goals to be in the 2012 London Olympics as Leslie Phelps/Torres. Ha ha.

It was a great summer. I am actually tan because I went to the beach and the pool. I had a great birthday party on August 30th, celebrating my 31st! Let's just say it involved tequila shots and me singing with the cover band. Wearing Barbie fairy wings and a sparkly crown.

Totally awesome.

And now I transition into the "after Labor Day mode" -- where it means finances are unbelievably tight and job prospects slim. But I am making a choice to trust that something will come along.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, a photo re-creation from my birthday extravaganza. Note the fairyoke wings. You should go get some.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Lady! I'm glad to hear you had a great summer, and hope you find some work you enjoy soon!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday my lady! SO glad you had an awesome summer! Man! The beach, a tan, Joy, tequila, WOW! Happy Birthday to Leslie!

Kellyry said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Leslie!! Wishing you a wonderful year to come.

M.S. said...

I AM KEEPING that photo.
HAHAA
Are you qualified to sub at my school?

Debutante said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!!
I think I may add a pair of fairy wings to complement my traditional birthday tiara next year...

Smarshie said...

Happy birthday, Leslie! I loved the outfit. =)