Yay.
The "complaining" -- it's really just that I want to be DOING the show. BUT, that's not my job. My job is to be the standby, and that's exactly what I am doing. I think it was just hard to go from one understudy job to the next...and also that I had performed this show when it was at a different theatre; performed enough times to kind of feel like I had some ownership in it. This experience is different in that it is not my show, I cannot take any credit for it, but I am very thankful for it, nonetheless. I hope to work at this theatre again because they are wonderful!
I came to a freeing realization last week that I am so very blessed, no matter if I am getting "credit" or not. It is not my time to be performing right now. I am still getting paid, and OH, so very thankful for that. There will be other shows!
What is more, I am able to spend time with my beloved Joy. I have basically moved in with her, because she lives four miles from my apartment. We are having so much fun! (Hopefully she won't get too sick of me. I hope not to wear out my welcome! I definitely owe her a utility bill and some groceries.) Truly, there is nothing better than being in Joy's company, and since she is on vacation for the month of August, we're going shopping, to the beach, to movies, and we'll even hit a Dodger game next week! Yaay.
Charlie left for Australia on his birthday for his latest CIA mission. Er, um, I mean, to work at his magazine. This picture makes me laugh out loud. From left: Josh, Nate & Charlie. Ha ha hee ha.
2 comments:
I imagine it would be strange/weird/frustrating/defeatiing to do a job and get little to no credit for it. Just keep in mind, "PAYCHECK!"
(Just blogged a few of your headshots. FINALLY! Sorry for the delay; a DVD with all the images will be on it's way before too long.)
Have you seen BroadwayUnderstudies.com?
Check out the song "Understudy Blues." Love it. My u/s blues are over as of today... for now anyway :)
You better tell me if u go on, lady!
Post a Comment