Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Unprofessional and Sweaty

Turns out, after a quart of FLAT Avocado Heather, it's still the wrong color! Dangnation! Avocado Heather can kiss my buns. I'm now covering the wall with "Swoosh", which, ironically, is pretty much the color that was on the walls when we moved in six years ago. Should have left it alone. I had a dream last night that the costumer from "The All Night Strut" came in and wallpapered the room in a dark green - almost making the feel of the room Southern. Hey, at least I didn't have to do it, myself.

So, "Strut" is OVER and I am so relieved. I performed AGAIN on Saturday -- two shows -- and this time I was the white girl. I do have to say that I am glad I got the chance to do both parts. After all that hard work learning the show, as well as all the stress I managed to build up, it was a good thing to have had a "full" experience. However, it didn't help that it was over 100 degrees this past weekend. Add nerves, hot costumes and wigs, 500 people in the audience and a broken air conditioner and you get a VERY SWEATY LESLIE. It was embarrassing. Sweat was dripping in my eyes, nose, down my bra...disgusting. People thought I was crying during one of my solos -- nope, that was just sweat. Thank you, Hyperhidrosis. I know I can always count on you to ruin things.

I'll miss my steady paycheck but I had an audition yesterday for "Singin' in the Rain" at Cabrillo Music Theatre. Since I have worked there before I figured I would have a greater chance at getting cast. However, my audition was a disaster: my voice squawked and sounded hoarse (almost like a man!), I didn't have the sides (script) prepared - basically, it was an all-around unprofessional audition. I promptly went home and took a nap. Sleep off the suckiness. Of course, I have to factor in three late nights in a row, two performances Saturday (with a rehearsal beforehand!) and the weather being 1,000,000 degrees -- I was anything but healthy enough to sound like a ready-made performer. I'm bummed at myself, though, because I need the job; I need the money; I want to perform again. I want to keep the ball rolling.

So, until then, I'm stuck "swooshing" my walls. Anyone want to come help?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I really want to see you, I really miss you! I'll call on Friday.