Forgive the time lapse in posting. I finally have a moment to catch up on emails and the like. I am sitting in the back lounge on my bus, sipping wine out of a plastic cup (classy!) and browsing the internet. We had two days off in New York. Unfortunately we are holed up on Long Island - in Melville, to be exact - but I had the smarts to get out of here yesterday and go to the City. I must have walked at least ten miles (or so it felt). I hung out with our sound tech and Wardrobe gal yesterday and we shopped, dined, etc. It was great.
Tomorrow we are going back into the City and taping "The Today Show"! We'll be on live in the 9:00 hour, and then we'll tape a segment for Christmas Eve. Hooray, that means TV exposure AND some money. Thank you, God!
So far the tour has been good. The first week was hard -- tiring, nervous, emotional, has its ups and downs, but having a couple of days off has been nice. I am looking forward to getting into the "groove" - smooth sailing, whatever the saying is.
Here's a fun story: On Friday night we had a show in Boston. The other backup singer and I have very elaborate costumes, complete with some expensive (and INTERESTING) Marc Jacobs shoes. Yes, they are difficult to walk in, and especially difficult to go up and down stairs. So far I have been doing great, but Friday night, as I neared the last step to go off the platform, I tumbled down and landed on my hands and knees. Immediately (and knowingly), I burst out laughing. My crowning moment -- falling off the stage like a real idiot. Later on, I couldn't believe that NO ONE saw it! Thankfully it was dark, but I was sure that someone in the audience saw me go down.
As if that weren't enough -- the LAST song in the show, I stepped on the mike stand on accident and the microphone came right back at me (think of those old Warner Bros. cartoons where Porky Pig steps on a pitchfork) and hit me, square in the front tooth. Worse, it was just me and Julie singing, so all eyes were on us. I thought for a moment that I had cracked or chipped my tooth, but, thankfully, it was spared.
Two idiot moves in one night. Awesome.
Such is the life of a "rockstar", right?
Make sure you watch "The Today Show!" Tuesday, November 27th!!! Oh, and here is a picture from the show at Westbury on November 24th.
6 comments:
I love your tales from the spot light! Glad you're having fun. We will be watching in the morning! We'll wave through the T.V. ok?
BAH!!! It's 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday and I just read this post... Nooooooo!
Now I'm forcing myself to watch Paula Deen in hopes of seeing another clip of you. Boo. Hopefully I can find it on the net.
So PROUD OF YOU!
We waved...did you see us?
Just watched you online on the Today Show! You are a Rock Star!! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3041478/
Just watched you online on the Today Show! You are a Rock Star!! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3041478/
YOu are my hero!
Amber.
Post a Comment