Sunday, November 4, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

I'm leaving for tour in twelve days. I honestly can't believe it's November already, and in four days I'll officially be singing Christmas tunes until December 31st. I used to refuse to acknowledge the "official" Christmas season until Black Friday. Then, it was OK to to have Christmas commercials on TV. Imagine my shock when, two weeks ago, I saw the very first seasonal commercial on TV. Jolly old Santa Claus comes out in October?

Sick.

Yet, I can't get so mad at it anymore because I am now part of the machine. My biggest job of the year; my paycheck comes from spreading Christmas cheer with a good, rockin' daddy.

Ahh, well. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, and to all a good night!

2 comments:

HopSkipJump said...

Boo... I went to Costco a week before Halloween and there were Christmas trees EVERYWHERE. Totally disgusting... having said that, I used to be part of that machine as well. Don't feel bad. Momma needs a paycheck.

Melissavina said...

Hooray! I get to see you at The Gibson!! Can't wait for that fun night, please tell me you have another solo this year!!