Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Anniversary

Today is my eighth wedding anniversary.

Can you believe that?

We are so broke that we are spending the day cleaning the house and trying to find odd jobs. We couldn't even afford to go out to breakfast so we improvised: use a Peet's Coffee gift card Charlie got from his brother for his birthday. We had coffee and muffins. I almost hit a Lexus while parking.

But hey, the true joy is that we have lasted this long and we're still wild about each other. No amount of money could buy that.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, you two. My, how time flies! And it's amazing how much financial situations just keep changing over time. Pretty soon, you'll have celebratin' money, then you won't, then you will again. I'm glad you're still crazy for eachother-- not to be taken for granted!

HopSkipJump said...

Eight years?!? Geez... how old ARE you? Like, 30?!?

Leslie said...

Thank you, my lovely people! Blessings to you!

And yes, Jesse, I am 30. Dare I point out that your arse is 30, too!?

Melissa said...

Happy anniversary girlfriend! You made it past the 7 year hump. Love your story about getting muffins and almost hitting a lexus! Love ya!

Amy said...

Congrats Leslie! Isn't it wonderful when your marriage keeps getting better and better?! Love you two!

Debutante said...

Don't feel too bad. I had to dig through Matt's change cup to scrape enough money together to buy the ingredients to make myself a grilled cheese sandwich on Sunday. And I already had bread. So yes, I had to dig through the change jar to buy cheese.

And good job on the eight years!

Abby... the Oregonian said...

yeah!!!!! 8 years. congratulationsyou two.

Smarshie said...

Congratulations!! You two are superheroes.