Monday
7-year old Kelly: "Excuse me, I have a question. Are you a teenager or are you in college?"
Well, I have been out of college for a few years now.
Kelly (disappointed): "Oh, so you're an adult, then."
Tuesday
6-year old Casey didn't practice the piano much this past week, so she was a bit distracted. I was trying to help her play "The Eagle", and she decided to draw bar lines on all the quarter notes.
"Casey, you know, if you draw bar lines on the notes, you're changing the rhythm of the song," I informed.
"Yeah, I know," she replied.
I sighed and realized I wasn't getting anywhere with her...the dear child sometimes has a hard time even sitting at the piano for 30 minutes.
I finally got her to play through the song. When we got to the measure where she had turned her quarter notes into eighth notes, she played it correctly.
I burst out laughing, as did she. She knew what she was doing all along!
Little devil.
No comments:
Post a Comment