Monday, September 10, 2007

The Birds and the Bees, Part III

I just can't help loving this little girl.

At our lesson today, she asked me if I were wearing lipstick.

"Why, as a matter of fact, I am," I replied.

She said, "I wish my grandma would wear lipstick so she doesn't look like she died yesterday."
****
Later...
We were reviewing "The Hot Dog Stand" (an amazing piece of music, let me tell you). I was pointing out the eighth notes in the piece.

"May I ask you a question?" she says, focusing her blue eyes on mine.
"Of course," I replied.
"Could you please not talk so loud? I'm right here and you're talking very loudly."

And, really, it's true. I do speak loudly. She's totally right. I love her honesty. I hope she never changes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a little firecracker! Keep these stories coming...

Amy said...

I hope and pray that someday God gives you a child just like this one. Yup, I really do.