Why is it so hard to trust that "everything will work out"?
Why do I stress out about things I have absolutely no control over?
Furthermore, why do I care all that much?
Isn't life good enough -- at this point -- to be happy and content?
Ahh, ha...rhetorical question.
3 comments:
Leslie,
Jeff and I are teaching the Kindergarten Sunday school class for the summer. Their memory verse is "Trust in the Lord with all your heart." This morning we read the story of the Israelites in the desert and how the Lord provided manna, everyday...but still the people tried to collect more than they needed for one day.
It seems so obvious to me. Hello? The Lord gave them manna everyday and they still didn't completely trust in Him to provide for them.
But the reality is that I do this too. I get caught up in something, start to worry and fret and forget about all the other many times that the Lord has provided for me. That's when I have to continually lay my burdens at his feet almost minute by minute.
Love you, hope this time passes quickly for you.
I never trust that things will work out either. I'm a control freak that likes to stress out. Take for example my lack of roommate situation and gigantic amounts of rent to pay. I do not sit back peacefully saying "It will all work out." No. I whine. I complain. I let my mind go to the worst possible scenarios imagining myself toothless, living in cardboard in a rainy alleyway. And I pace.
But I think that's okay sometimes.
Because it always does work out. Somehow.
You name it, I'll stress out about it. Especially hard on the system are those instances where you actually do have some control over the situation… and proceed to bung it up. Take for instance, registration for the winter term at my University. Registration was this morning. I have ONE course left to complete. I forgot to logon and register… the class is full. Commence neurotic behaviour… NOW!
Post a Comment