Sunday, June 10, 2007

From Sea to Shining Sea

So, it all worked out.

Yup. Here it is in a nutshell:

Tuesday, Crack of Dawn: Leave for Newark.

Tuesday, Crack of Twilight: Arrive Newark. Get a phone call from Producer. "You're coming in tomorrow at 10:00 a.m., yadda, yadda, blah, blah, to record on the new album."

Tuesday, Crack of Midnight: Arrive Greensboro, North Carolina (Wedding Destination - I am a bridesmaid). Bags are, undoubtedly, LOST because Newark Airport SUCKS. I mean, come ON. Rain delay? It was sunny, gorgeous, humid and hot with white fluffy clouds all day. Jerks.

Wednesday, Crack of Dawn: Arrive at the Powell Mansion in Burlington, North Carolina, also place of wedding. After blubbering over the phone to the bride (whom I love dearly), she packs me a bag for said trip to Minneapolis in about three hours. I am more stressed out than she is.

Wednesday: Crack of 6 a.m.: on the road to Raleigh, North Carolina, to catch said plane to Minneapolis.

Wednesday, Crack of whatthehelltimezoneamIin 10:00 a.m.: arrive Minneapolis, Minnesota. Take cab with Somalian driver who proceeds to tell me his life story because I mention my husband has been to Somalia in the past few years. Arrive Hilton Hotel and giggle at thought of Paris in jail. Little did I know she had been let out only to go back in again. She sucks, too.

Wednesday, Crack of I'mhungrybutshouldn'teatsoIcanfitintobridesmaid'sdressintwodays: Boss's wife picks me up in sweet Caddy Escalade. We eat lunch, rehearse for album recording at 2:00 p.m.

Wednesday, 1:00 p.m. Minnesota time: Arrive Studio. Boss is recording guitar. It's beyond amazing.

Wednesday, 2:00 p.m. We start recording vocals on two tracks.

Wednesday, 5:00 p.m. Finish vocals. Awesome. Amazing. No words to describe the fact that I just laid down MY voice on what could potentially be a Grammy-winning album.

Gack!

Wednesday, 6:00 p.m. Drive in the Caddy with the Boss's wife to get a glass of wine. Steak dinner follows...Boss joins...we have a great time. They are just the COOLEST people.

Wednesday, 11:00 p.m. Get a cab back to the Hilton and fall into bed. Watch "Saving Private Ryan". Depressing. Go to sleep and drool on pillow.

Thursday, 10:00 a.m. Wake up. WheretheheckamI??? Dry mouth.

Thursday, 10:30 a.m. Work out in hotel gym. Work up a mean sweat. Steal banana from lame-o conference where all midwesterners are attending.

Thursday, 11:55 a.m. Get the shuttle to the airport. Shuttle driver confides in me that he has a gambling problem. Hmmmm.

Thursday, 5:00 p.m. (EST): Arrive Raleigh, NC. Dinner with bride and groom-to-be in a couple of hours!

Friday, all day: Bridesmaid luncheon, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, rehearsal dinner after-party.

Saturday: WEDDING!

And thus is thus...wedding was amazing...gorgeous. I had a great time. I am incredibly tired...but so happy. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Smith!!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

giggle at the thought of Paris in jail... haha!

Melissavina said...

You're crazy.
We missed you on Saturday, but it sounds like you didn't have much time to miss anything! Your schedule is a little bit nauseating. I'm glad you made it through. What a power packed week!!

Amy said...

Wow Leslie! Sounds exciting and crazy all at the same time! Hope you had a lot of fun in the midst of all your travels. Glad you are home1 love you!

Melissavina said...

Are you ever going to write something new?

Amy said...

melissa you're great, i love you!