I got a call from a Casting Director in New York at 6:30 in the morning yesterday. I had submitted my picture and resume for a production of "Smokey Joe's Cafe" that is happening in Long Island this summer. I know that Long Island isn't Manhattan, but it's New York. And I had an appointment for 3:00 p.m. on Monday at the Actor's Equity building.

Sweet.
After frantically searching for flights and a hotel, I came to the realization that I couldn't afford to go. What's more, it probably wasn't such a good idea, anyway. In the past, I've jaunted off to the Big Apple by myself, stayed with friends, seen shows, gone to auditions and had a good ol' time. It was perfect. I either used a flight voucher or tickets were cheap. This time, not so much.
I am bummed. I want more than anything to be in New York, and it's just not going to happen this time. I'm not looking for sympathy - I know that "there'll be something else". The truth is, I know I would've gotten the job. Then we'd have a whole new interesting situation on our hands.
So, instead of feeling sorry for myself (which I am so apt to do, and good at, too!), I'm going to the Teddybears concert tonight at the El Rey. Yeah!
8 comments:
Like the Teddybears.
That's what you meant, right?
Right, Rosemary?
God had the Teddybears ahead.
Yes. Bigger and Better Teddybears!!
Yes he does. Yes he does.
Leslie, New York is missing out not having you there!
And am I soooo out of it that I don't have a clue who the Teddybears are? Ok, I'll really embaress myself....there's an American Express commercial with some snow border guy with long, scraggly red hair. Who the heck is this kid and why is he famous? Jeff and I are so lost.
Visit Global Eye
Teddybears
Yes, yes, I am anonymous...just rejoicing in the fact that I figured out the HTML code on my own. No thanks to my days in the computer bus, learning Lotus and that turtle "game" (wasn't the turtle the cursor?) That's what we get for growing up in the '80's.
Post a Comment