Just returned from a weekend in Key Biscayne, Florida.
Okay, it was one day, really.
No, wait, it was only about 10 hours.
Four of those hours I spent sleeping in my nice, fluffy Ritz Carlton Hotel bed, one floor above the President of the United States. No kidding. I don't think he was around much...just came in to take a shower after a golfing session, and left a bit later to give a commencement speech. But, still. No matter what your opinion is of the President, you still get a little excited when you know he's one floor beneath you!
Just before our set began, Joan Rivers introduced us. It's very scary to see someone that is about 50 years older, but looks 10 years younger than you.
I realize that I am living somewhat of a "rock star" lifestyle, and for that I am truly grateful. I mean, it's pretty awesome to fly in, play a show, and fly out the next day like you're just too important to stick around.
Yet it's all so tiring, especially when you have to go back to your regular old life the very next day.
Still, I'll take two days of exhaustion, bags under my dried-out eyes, dry skin and throat, screaming babies right next to me and 3-year olds behind me kicking my seat; freezing as I try to sleep sitting upright (with no blanket), squirming next to a large Cuban man who won't stop elbowing me, enduring the smell of the airplane bathroom just after someone did some unholy "business", turbulence, cold Quiznos "to go" submarine sandwiches for breakfast at 6:00 a.m...all this I would endure just to perform again and again and again.
I love it.
3 comments:
Thank you, Mother. As you can see, my degree in journalism paid off somehow.
You are a rock star.
You do live that lifestyle.
How crazy!!
Love you Les!
Live like the queen that you are! We always knew you had it in you!
Post a Comment