So, whaddya know -- I got a callback for that audition I had on Monday.
Of course, there had to be a dance call first, and, miraculously, I made the cut!
Land sakes alive!
Those of us asked to stay were allowed to sing the same 16 bars that we had sung at the audition. They moved us in and out so quickly, it was literally a cattle call. In and out, in and out.
I'll spare you the details about how the pianist hated me...cut my 16 bars to 8...stopped playing while I kept singing, and then proceeded to tell me that my music was "confusing" after I was on my way out the door.
"Okay, sorry," I called out over my shoulder. I mean, really, what I was I supposed to say?
You're right, Mr. Piano Man. My music is confusing. I should've done exactly what you think is best, because you're the most important person in this room.
Okay, okay, I'll leave the pianist alone. I'll take the hit. In truth, my music was highlighted in an odd place. Yet, the song I chose to sing was taken right from the show. Our dance audition was to the very same song in the exact same spot...what's confusing about that? Geez, I should've just done the silly combination WHILE singing the 16 bars!
The point is, I survived the dance call! I got cut after I SANG!
Something is rotten in Denmark, Toto.
2 comments:
I love ya baby!
Oh piss on that pianist. Couldn't you just bump him out the way and play for yourself? You could be considered a quadruple threat!
Post a Comment