Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Month Four

It's almost 1:00 a.m. on my sister, Marilee's 18th Birthday. (Happy Birthday, Marilee!) I have been meaning to update more often...sometimes thoughts just pass me by.

I would upload pics but my camera is out of batteries at the moment. Bah.

Show updates are as follows: I'm on as Betty Jean until June 10th. I played the role of Suzy on May 19 and 20, also May 27th. I will go on as Suzy again in July. I have really been blessed during this contract with a LOT of stage time. I have performed a total of 34 shows so far, as three different characters. Not too bad! The new cast is coming in on Monday, June 8th, with the exception of the new Betty Jean, because she's closing another off-Broadway show. I am going home June 11-13 to perform with the BSO for a Friday evening gig, and then again June 25-29 for my friend, Lindsay's wedding. In July, I will go to Canada, Norway and Finland with the BSO for various jazz festivals. I'm really looking forward to it! I'm SO SO SO glad the whole ordeal worked out, as well -- I was worried for a moment that I wouldn't get the time off.

In other news: Chester, our almost-eight-year-old St. Bernard, is really sick. He hasn't been able to walk for the past two days, so Charlie took him to the vet today. He had some bloodwork done and it was revealed that his red blood cell count was dangerously low. His inability to walk is due to anemia. He's staying overnight at the vet to be monitored and is on an IV...but things don't look very good. It breaks my heart. I know Chester is just a dog, but he has been such a joy in our lives these past eight years. He truly is a member of our family, and everyone who has known him loves him. I am hoping that he will be able to get well -- that this sickness is just an infection that can be cured with antibiotics. And, if not, I am hoping he will be able to hang on until I can fly home next week so I can just kiss his fluffy face goodbye. He is the sweetest dog I have ever known. It is never easy to imagine saying goodbye to one's dearly loved pet. Chester is extra-special.


So, if you would, please pray for him? I know he doesn't have much time on this earth, anyway -- St. Bernards don't normally live beyond 10 years of age, but I'm not quite ready to say goodbye.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love you Leslie! Love Chester! I will pray that you get to say your goodbyes face to face! I know they're just silly animals, but they work their way into our hearts!