Charlie has been teaching at USC for the past six months as adjunct faculty in the language department. It was a real blessing when he got the job in the first place - back when we were strapped for jobs and money. He began with summer school and then they kept him on for the fall semester. He really enjoys it and it's helped supplement the income that I have lost because of tour being canceled this year.
Yesterday, Charlie had an interview for the full-time position at USC; full-time professor of English (English as a Second Language). He felt really good about the interview. The perks of being a prof at USC sound amazing: he could attend the school for free, I could attend the school for free (!!) and we'd be covered with full benefits. Both of us, without having to pay for them ourselves! What a concept! Of course, I have it all planned out: I'll get my Master's Degree at USC while getting my teeth cleaned every three months, just for the heck of it. Wouldn't that be nice? Here's what my mom wrote on her blog about Charlie. She's lovely.
So, I guess I'm asking for prayer for Charlie to land this job. It would mean security in some senses...but also would just be a huge relief and blessing. We'll find out next week.
2 comments:
Crossing my fingers-- that sounds wonderful!
Oh! What a great opportunity. Praying for it to happen!
Post a Comment