Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dear Diary,

I wish I could say this was my original idea, but I stole it from my blog friend, Amber.

I have had the flu for the past three days (or salmonella poisoning? Can't tell) and, in my extreme boredom, decided to go through some old boxes. I found my old diaries. Here are some of my favorite entries! Enjoy.




...and to think that, 19 years later, I still have body image issues!

5 comments:

Nattles said...

Why do moms DO this?! And grandmas, too! Sick, sick ladies. Look what they have done to us!

Debutante said...

I have so many old diary entries that sound so much like those! And 1989: the year Leslie deserted me at Faith Baptist Church. That place was a nightmare after you left. Thank goodness we eventually switched, too.

HopSkipJump said...

Know I've been MIA and that this comment has nothing to do with your posting... but... in case you're interested, our travel blog is up and running while we're away. Peace - IF

www.ahopskipandajump.blogspot.com

Kellyry said...

It's posts like these that make me wish I had kept a diary consistently. I have only sporadic random entries.

amber. said...

OHMYGOD, that is gnarly. Wow. My mom never said anyhting to me like that, but I do remember my grandmother saying, "Now, you'd better stop eating like that or you'll end up looking like a cow..., or like your mother."

Whoa.

You are so beautiful. Tell your little 92 pound 13 year old, too.