Well, it's been a week. I stupidly thought I would have the time to relax, catch up on reading, etc., but I've been working my arse off down here in Escondido. The first week was all stress, no sleep and almost panic attacks. Now it's still stressful but after bonding with the cast a bit I feel a bit better because we are all in the same situation.
The show opens in five days, which is weird, because we started rehearsals just eight days ago. It's called "microwave theatre", folks.
The hardest part has been switching back and forth between the two parts. The whole show is a four-person show, but it's ALL singing and ALL dancing. Ughhlalallalarghbahbahbah!
Glad I am blogging now after a day off and a lovely dinner with the cast. I really like the cast members - they are great - and the show (in both parts) is starting to sink in.
I tell you, though, it's been a while since I've worked eight hours a day with ten minute breaks every hour and a half. We work eight hours a day for 14 days with only one day off. Ughhlalallalarghbahbahbah!
Anyway, things are looking up. I may never have to go on for either of the girls, but if I do, I know I can do it. I have my work cut out for me, but I realized the other day that I am getting paid to do what I LOVE TO DO!!! (And now I'm getting health insurance weeks and pension because I joined the union - YAY!) So, PTL. It's all good.
By the way, if anyone is curious - I'm going to play BETTY JEAN in "The Marvelous Wonderettes" April 18-20, and then switch to SUZY April 25-27. The show closes April 27th.
Can we just say, IDENTITY CRISIS? Four parts, two shows, one month!!!!
Ughhlalallalarghbahbahbah!
3 comments:
You sound busy! Glad you're having fun AND getting paid! I wish we lived closer so that I could come to your shows!
"Ughhlalallalarghbahbahbah!"
This is my new favorite word.
Isn't having health insurance the best thing ever? It's like having a new car that's still under warranty. I don't have any health insurance right now and yesterday Jack had this totally insane crying fest where I believed, for a good half hour, that he was dying from a burst appendix. And I thought, "Well, we'd have to go to Tijuana to get medical treatment for my dying son because I can't afford it stateside." And then I thought, "I'm voting for Hillary."
Post a Comment