Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dull

This blog is dull.

The problem is that I try to keep my posts "pure" in a sense that they are about my career. When my career is dull, then my blog is dull. Perhaps I should mix it up and blog about what was on the menu for dinner (seriously, people DO THAT), how I feel about "American Idol" (okay, I do that on my family's blog) and post kitschy youtube videos. Maybe then I'd attract more readers.

Maybe not.

Here's some news: I'm going to "move" to Escondido on March 27th for two and a half weeks to understudy a show at the Lawrence Welk Resorts Theatre. I definitely wrestled with the decision (more like, FREAKED OUT after the fact), because I don't want to make a career out of being an understudy.
However, I am realizing that my first goal was to be a WORKING ACTOR, and, understudy or not, I'm still working. The best part of the deal is that (a) it's my first Equity contract, (b) I'll get paid a weekly sum for just having learned the show, and (c) I get to go home after two weeks.

Sweet. And still a bit dull.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Your blog is anything but dull. You're just busy! I love reading your updates!

Loved the old pictures yesterday? What happened to them? Who were they?

Melissavina said...

You're not dull baby doll! Come on!

amber. said...

Oooh, The Lawrence Welk Resort! I have always wanted to go up there and see it... Champagne Blvd. I LOVE that there is a Champagne Blvd.

Maybe I'll come see your show. When is it?

HopSkipJump said...

Dull, you are not. Impossible.

Leslie said...

Amy, thanks. Sometimes I feel dumb. :) Those old pics were my family! Grandma and great-grandparents.

Melis, I can't wait to see you.

Amber, I would LOVE to meet you!! Oh, my gosh, seriously, party in my room at the Holiday Inn Express in Escondido by the Welk. With Champagne! I am not actually guaranteed any performances (I'm a lowly understudy!) but I'll let you know if someone gets sick.

Jesse, I love you.

amber. said...

Leslie, get my contact info from Melissa. Send me info about the show and your hotel number! Whoot whoot!

jen said...

leslie ... found your blog off abby or kelly or someone from warehouse...anyhow, i am down in san diego and if you want to grab coffee or dinner esco is my old stomping grounds and carlsbad is about 15/20 mins away.

Leslie said...

Amber, I can't WAIT to meet you!!! And Jen!! Whoo, hoo! I'm excited to hang with you, too! Charlie says HI - he recalled fondly that you were the first person he ever talked to at Warehouse. Ahhh.