Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Another amazing birth!!

Charlotte West Slater was born yesterday - January 8, 2008 at 12:41 p.m.
I got to see the whole thing.



This marks my third birth experience: two handsome Owens and now a Charlotte!

My sister and brother-in-law, Tom and Emily, are the most mellow, cool people and their enthusiasm for me being in the C-section room (WATCHING the entire surgery!) makes them all the more amazing! I got to sing a song to Emily, watch some bloody surgery (literally) and see a miracle be born.

The most incredible part of the process was when they revealed the womb...and then opened it...and there was a FACE! A beautiful little baby still inside! Wow! I will never forget it!

Charlotte is a sweet, precious girl and I am a proud Auntie!!!


Here we are - Auntie Leslie, Owen and Charlotte - about ready to give Charlotte her first bath!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh Leslie! How exciting! How precious that you could be there to celebrate with them! Enjoy that sweet bundle Auntie Leslie!