We just arrived in Detroit, Michigan. It is (thankfully!) not as cold here as it was in Milwaukee yesterday. I had to do my laundry so I walked ten blocks to the laundromat/tanning salon. (That's right: do your laundry and then fake and bake!) It wasn't so bad when I walked over, but the walk back was excruciatingly cold: 18 degrees! It's that wind, man...
I decided to stop and make a snow angel.

Of course, people walking on the sidewalk were looking at me like I was crazy. Some shook their heads, others just rolled their eyes. Look, people, I don't see snow that often, and if I want to get all up in it, then so be it.
One of our bus drivers has been wearing shorts and a T-shirt since he picked us up two weeks ago (30 degrees and snowing). He said he "didn't mind the cold" and "it doesn't bother me". Last night he was standing outside on the sidewalk wearing sweatpants.
"JOEY? What in the world are you doing in pants?"
He looked at me with a pained expression: "I had to. It's 14 degrees."
I guess everyone has their breaking point.
6 comments:
14 degrees... that's when the morons I grew up with starting getting ready to wear shorts after 6 months of -40 F. (no, I'm not kidding). As soon as it hit 33-35, they were strutting around in cutoffs in an attempt to show how macho they were. Perhaps this is a Canadian straight-boy mating ritual.
Love you in the snow!
How fun-- it's good to remind all of those weather- hardened people that snow can still be fun and exciting!
By the way, I am honored to be on your blogroll!
Those shoes are proof that you are a Californian.
Hope you enjoyed my home state!
Hi Les, just checking in on you. You made a fabulous snow angel.
leslie...miss you...where are you these days? Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment