Monday, October 29, 2007

Emotional Eating

Short end of the story goes like this:

A few weeks ago I started this "new diet". Not really a weight-loss type of thing, just to eat more vegetables and protein. It went REALLY WELL for a week. Maybe a week and a half. I was motivated, and I felt SO MUCH BETTER. I woke up early, was excited to follow a healthy eating plan and was motivated to exercise beyond the two classes I already teach.

Well, it's all now a flash in the pan. I am back to terrible eating habits, a la nibbling bites off husband's Taco Bell lunch and finishing it with a few sips of root beer. The bulk of this afternoon's cuisine turned out to be an ice cream sundae. What the...?

I didn't feel good eating it, it tasted guilty, and now my jeans suddenly don't fit anymore. Instantly. And it just sends me into a spiral of "emotional" eating. Well, really, "I don't care" eating.

This is not good. I would go back to my therapist except he was too expensive, it took a month and a half to be reimbursed from my health insurance, and I already know what his advice will be.

Jenny Craig, please call me.