Wednesday, August 1, 2007

New Lows

So I have a commercial audition tomorrow for a print ad. I was very excited about it until I read the actual character description:

30 - 45 skewing more to the median range of 35-38 Attractive good body. Aspirational looking.

First of all, what does "ASPIRATIONAL LOOKING" even mean? That I look like I aspire to something? Or, rather, that I am so good looking that the average consumer wants to aspire to be me? YEAH.

Second -- and most important -- do I look like I'm in the 30-45 year old range? No, no, wait, the median range of 35-38? Is this what I, a young 20-something, NEEDS right now?

I guess so.

So I'm just an aspirational 38-year old woman with a bladder infection, lying on the couch, watching "Dr. Phil".

4 comments:

Amy said...

Embrace it my friend! You're 29 for only a few more weeks! Ha Ha! BTW, when are you coming up?

HopSkipJump said...

How did the audition go? Were you aspirational looking enough?

I know you were upset that they were wanting someone who looks like she is in the 30-45 range... but, er... how do I say this... aren't you going to technically be IN that category in a matter of days?

Leslie said...

I actually didn't go to the audition! Mwah, ha, ha. It was because the ad was being shot on the 10th and I'm going away that day...
And, YEEEESSSS, I will be approaching my 30's in a few weeks...but that doesn't give ANYONE the right to categorize me as a 38-year old. No, siree!

amber. said...

aspirational...

Hmmm...

It could mean that you look like someone who recently breathed fluid into her lungs.

Amber.