I keep starting a blog entry but it becomes so involved that I don't end up finishing it, so I'm going to keep it a bit short.
Today is beautiful.
I went grocery shopping, cleaned my oven for the very first time in my adult life, and made a Crock Pot dinner. Shortly I will have to go to a five-hour rehearsal for a staged reading of a musical based on the life of Greta Garbo. I spent the entire day rehearsing it yesterday. The "show" goes up Monday night and I'm very much looking forward to the whole experience being over. To put it plainly, it's everything "Waiting For Guffman" was, just without the cameras. I have stifled giggles the entire time but everyone is so serious. I keep waiting for someone to let me in on the joke, but I don't think there is one!
Charlie is driving me nuts. Sometimes he wakes up with a crazy attitude and I want to punch his lights out. He does everything possible to push my buttons. When I'm tired and busy just about EVERYTHING sets me off, so he wins. It makes me mad. I want him to WANT to be nice. But he's a guy, and guys are idiots.
I'm cranky at the outcome of the election (Proposition 8). I voted NO in support of my loving neighbors, and I'm sad that it didn't pass (for them), but I feel like I did my part. I don't really want to protest or post more signs in my yard. I just want everyone to get along. I started a huge blog post about the roots of my beliefs against Prop 8 and now I just don't feel inspired anymore. I actually feel torn. I completely understand both sides, and I feel trapped.
It's weird to think I'm not going on tour this year. It's difficult to think about all that money that I will NOT be making, and how I am going to even begin to attempt to make that much. The end of the year is always difficult financially because we are slammed with back-to-back property tax payments. Yeah, yeah, it was stupid to not include them in our mortgage payments. I get it. Too late. And, of course, Christmas presents, etc. I know that the entire country is facing economic hardship but this is just another day in the life of mine that I have to worry about where money is going to come from, which leads me to spending 29 hours' rehearsal and a two-hour performance of a musical that will probably never go anywhere.
What really kills me is that I made a decent paycheck when I appeared on "Dancing with the Stars", but the union that runs the TV program is now requiring me to join and the initiation fee is $400 more than what I even made. So they took my ENTIRE PAYCHECK. Bastards. I begged them to give me at least half - I mean, come on, people, we're all hurting here - but they haven't gotten back to me yet.
I don't mean to sound negative, it's just what's on my mind right now. I am thankful that I have a job coming up - I've been cast in the "West Coast Premiere" of BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO. It's a show with music all by Neil Sedaka. I'm very excited to have been cast in this six-person show. It won't pay nearly as much as the BSO, but I am guaranteed five weeks of pay plus five weeks of health insurance and that's great!
5 comments:
I love you friend! I hope you have a wonderful and beautiful day today!
wow, that sucks about DWTS.
at least Charlie isn't singing "Part of Your World" non-stop
You cleaned your oven? Wait let me rephrase that YOU cleaned your oven?
I know! It's soo very frightening, isn't it?
I hope your week gets better. What happened to BSO? I'm trying not to stress about $ too. That property tax is a killer, especially when they raise the value of your home to tax you more when in reality it just dropped a couple hundred grand or so. yeah taxes!
I love you!
Post a Comment