Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Getting Closer...

I am nine days away from turning 30 years old.

I most desperately want to hang on to my 20's, yet, at the same time, I want to kiss them goodbye and embrace a newer, (thinner?!) more fabulous ME in my 30's.

The funny thing is that most people my age are already 30, so I have found myself referring to myself as "30". I refuse. For nine more beautiful days, I am -- and will be -- 29.

That's right. I'm 29.

Okay, anyway...we spent the weekend up north. Friday night was the Stray Cats/Pretenders/ZZ Top concert in Fresno. I honestly don't believe it can get funnier than that. We got backstage passes because, well, I'm so totally awesome, but actually wanted to spend time out in the audience gawking at ZZ Top. Please, someone tell me why they are so popular? I couldn't wrap my mind around it. I can see why Fresnans love them, but who else? Raise your hands. Right now.





Saturday and Sunday were spent in Castro Valley, California, where I am being "courted" for a possible job. I haven't said anything yet...I'm waiting for it all to sink in and I'm really waiting for a sign.

Needless to say, however, after freezing in August in Castro Valley at a "theatre under the stars" production of Wonderful Town (that, if I took the job, I would be in charge of/direct/oversee/produce, etc.), I was happy to come back to 99 degree weather and go out for a drink with my lesbian neighbors (and Charlie). Seriously, I love LA.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I have half a day left until I turn 18!

Amy said...

Leslie my friend, you're not supposed to reveal that you were only minutes from my house and that you didn't even stop by! For shame! Just kidding I know sometimes it just doesn't work out. Hope you had fun!